Please modify the filters.
Albatros Offshore Wind Project
In June 2017, Enbridge exercised its option to partner with Germany’s EnBW on an expansion of the previously announced Hohe See offshore wind farm in the North Sea.
The Albatros wind project, to be located in the vicinity of the 497-megawatt (NW) Hohe See project, will have a capacity of 112 MW and is expected to enter service alongside Hohe See in 2019.
This investment of CAD$395 million means that Enbridge’s net ownership of both Albatros and Hohe See will effectively be 50%. Enbridge will co-develop and build the projects, while EnBW will handle ongoing operations and maintenance.
The Albatros wind farm, with 16 Siemens turbines, will be deployed in an area covering 11 square kilometres.
- Type: Wind energy project
- Status: Under construction
- Location: North Sea, about 100 km off German coast
- Expected in-service date: 2019
- Expected capacity: 112 MW
- Expected number of turbines: 16
- Expected equivalent homes served: 130,360